Choice-Fullness is a power we all possess, but seldom think about. It is made up of three things:
- Awareness – of ourselves and the world around us.
- Abilities – critical skills we need to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
- Control – alignment of our thoughts, feelings and actions in support of our goals and full developmental potential.
TODAY’S INCREASING CHALLENGES
If you’re like most people, it’s pretty easy in this day and age to get “derailed” by unexpected events, some that come from out of nowhere (like Covid 19) or also the things that emerge more slowly “beneath the radar” while you’re not paying attention. Often you can see problems coming, but with everything else on your plate, it’s just easier, especially under stress, for you to divert your attention to other, less “painful” dimensions of life. The concept of CHOICE and “good choosing” is no longer as simple as it used to be. The factors that disrupt the safety and predictability of our daily lifestyle patterns are much different now, escalating more rapidly. Change and disruption will continue to rapidly accelerate in the future as life’s levels of complexity increase, making the challenge of choice one of today’s most critical issues.
In today’s newly changing environment, just how do you learn to become more CHOICE-FULL, and in charge of dealing with events such as:
- Unforeseen physical Illness and health problems
- Mental health issues and depression
- Unexpected epidemics and pandemics
- Internet attacks and abuse
- Unexpected toxic communication from friends
- Immersion and addiction to negative and harmful media
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Business downturns and declining relevance for specific business brands
- Economic upheavals, financial change, bankruptcy
- Relationship issues such as stress, abuse, and divorce
- Catastrophic environmental events, floods, fires, climate change
- Family tragedies, illnesses, and the death of a loved one
- Employment layoffs
- Unforeseen accidents
- Unpredictable housing and living expense changes
- Difficult employment changes and career changes
- Educational preparation that leads to fulfillment and job motivation
CHOICE-FULL change is a unique and more expanded view of choice. It involves the process of preparing more effectively for unexpected and potentially harmful negative future events. The CHOICE-FULL approach involves learning to re-align, and adjust quickly during events that cause disequilibrium and stress, and to employ the needed skills to continue moving forward toward maximizing well being, even under externally taxing and limiting conditions.
Preparation and training in CHOICE-FULL change is based on the latest research in brain science. This includes the development of executive function skills, such as problem solving, focusing, critical thinking, time management, planning, self control, creativity and more. Developing these skills involves the three CHOICE-FULL learning layers of Awareness, Ability and Control. This new paradigm for choice takes both time and commitment, but the journey is well worth the effort. While some people, functioning at the highest developmental levels of humanity have already figured the CHOICE-FULL skills out, others languish in the illusion that life will continue to quietly move along without too many major disruptions, and that if things do go wrong, they’ll figure it out at the time the negative events occur. But, if you’ve noticed, it doesn’t work that way. Without adequate preparation, people are caught off guard and extremely vulnerable. Other people that are prepared, operate differently. They continuously manage to turn “lemons into lemonade”, because they’re “toolbox” is different. It’s the critical CHOICE-FULLNESS skills, especially in our rapidly changing environment, that make all the difference, as to whether a person can and will create a happy, successful and fulfilled future, or one that is doomed to repeated failure. FutureWise is committed to helping develop the critical skills needed today to increase CHOICE-FULLNESS. As our incoming levels of “noise” continue to accelerate, it will be more and more necessary to know how to restore and maintain equilibrium in quick and highly effective ways. The FutureWise PROGRAMS for CHOICE-FULL change, help us filter the noise, reclaim our freedom and time, balance our lives, and enrich our relationships, to elevate our fulfillment and full potential